Infant & Pregnancy
“Be sure the foundation is level and all will be well.” – Andrew Taylor Still, DO
Osteopathy may be beneficial in addressing certain issues that could affect fertility such as
- LImprove blood flow and reduce inflammation
- LPelvic misalignment or tension
- LStress can be a significant factor affecting fertility
Osteopathy can be a safe and effective form of manual therapy for pregnant women. It can help to alleviate many of the common discomforts of pregnancy, such as:
- L Back pain
- LPelvic Pain
- LStomach Pain
- LLigament Pain
- LBreathing difficulties
Osteopathic treatment during pregnancy typically involves gentle manipulation of the spine, pelvis, and other areas of the body,
Osteopathy Before Delivery
Osteopathy can be beneficial for pregnant women before delivery, as it can help to prepare the body for childbirth and support optimal fetal positioning.
One of the primary goals of osteopathic treatment before delivery is to ensure optimal alignment and balance of the pelvis and surrounding structures.
Osteopathic treatment before delivery may involve gentle manipulation of the pelvis, spine, and other areas of the body,
There are several reasons why a parent may choose to bring their baby to see an osteopath:
- LBirth Trauma (very long or short delivery, forceps or ventouse).
- LHead shape asymmetries and congenital torticolis.
- LFeeding difficulties (latching difficulty, cries, preference for feeding on one side)
- LDigestive Issues (constipation, reflux, difficulties burping).
- LSleeping Issues
- LOverall Wellness
Children can benefit from osteopathy in many of the same ways as adults, including improving musculoskeletal function, addressing pain or discomfort, and promoting overall health and well-being.
Some common reasons parents may choose to bring their children to see an osteopath include:
- LMusculoskeletal Issues:ss growing pains, sports injuries, or postural imbalances.
- LDigestive Issues: constipation, reflux, bloating
- LEnuresis (bed wetting)
- LRespiratory Issues: asthma or allergies.
- LDevelopmental Support: issues related to gait, balance, and coordination.
- LEmotional Wellness: for children who may be experiencing anxiety or other emotional challenges.
It is important to note that osteopathic treatment for children involves gentle and non-invasive techniques, and is tailored to the specific needs of the individual child.